I currently provide short-term, solution-focused counselling through Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAP), to adults dealing with a wide range of issues. This includes anxiety, depression, concerns at work, marital/relationship issues, grief & loss, separation, substance use, anger, and more.
Previously, I have held positions with Fraser Health, and Vancouver Coastal Health, providing assessment, treatment, and crisis intervention to adults with persistent mental health issues. This included liaising with psychiatrists and other professionals when required. I was also responsible for conducting intake assessments and facilitating groups.
I have also facilitated educational and support groups for women who have experienced intimate partner abuse, through the organization When Love Hurts.
Additional Training & Workshops
Some of the workshops and training that I have attended include:
- Gottman Level 1: The Gottman Institute
- 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work, Educator Training: The Gottman Institute
- Bringing Baby Home, Educator Training: The Gottman Institute
- Couples Therapy and Adlerian Interventions: Marion Balla, MSW, M.Ed.
- Working with Families in Separation and Divorce: Cameray Child & Family Services
- Understanding Abuse in Relationships: Karen McAndless-Davis & Magi Cooper
- PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator Training for Premarital Counselling
- Introductory to Mindfulness-based Art Therapy: Margaret Jones Callahan, MA, RCC, BCATR
- Facing Fear Workshop: Changeways Clinic
- Behavioural Activation Workshop: Changeways Clinic
- Motivational Dialogue: Fraser Health Authority
- Indigenous Cultural Competency: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Psychotropic Medications: Vancouver Coastal Health
- New Frontiers in Trauma Treatment Workshop: Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
- Optimizing Treatment for Bipolar Disorders Workshop: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Distress Tolerance & Radical Acceptance Skills in DBT: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training: Crisis Prevention Institute
- Suicide Intervention Training: SAFER
- Core Addictions Training: Fraser Health Authority
- The Fundamentals & More of EAP / EFAP: Claire Sutton Coaching
- Somatic Experiencing: Trauma Institute currently in progress
- International Disaster Psychosocial (DPS) Conference: Vancouver, BC
- Intersection Between Therapeutic Practice and Family Law: Panelists – Marilyn Beloff PhD RCC; Sandy Hawkins RCC; Alyson Jones RCC
- Affairs in Couples Therapy: The Couples Institute
- Couples Therapy in the 21st Century: On Target, Effective and Revolutionary: Dr. Sue Johnson
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Adler School of Professional Psychology
Thesis: What helps and hinders in the development of successful marriages?
Bachelor of Arts (Honours): Psychology and Environmental Studies, Queen’s University
Currently, I am a volunteer clinician for the Disaster Psychosocial Program (DPS), to provide emergency psychosocial services in the event of a disaster. Volunteers include counsellors, psychologists, social workers, as well as representatives from the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Emergency Social Services.
DPS Volunteers are managed by the Provincial Lead, DPS Program and the DPS Council of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
For more information on this program, click here: DPS Program