Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Adler School of Professional Psychology
Thesis: What helps and hinders in the development of successful marriages?
Bachelor of Arts (Honours): Psychology and Environmental Studies, Queen’s University
Additional Training & Workshops
I strongly believe in the importance of continual learning and professional development, and as such I have received additional training in the areas of anxiety & panic, mood disorders, couples therapy, substance use, and trauma.
Some of the workshops and training that I have attended include:
- Gottman Level 1 Training: The Gottman Institute
- 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work, Educator Training: The Gottman Institute
- Bringing Baby Home, Educator Training: The Gottman Institute
- Couples Therapy and Adlerian Interventions: Marion Balla, MSW, M.Ed.
- Working with Families in Separation and Divorce: Cameray Child & Family Services
- Understanding Abuse in Relationships: Karen McAndless-Davis & Magi Cooper
- PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator Training for Premarital Counselling
- Introductory to Mindfulness-based Art Therapy: Margaret Jones Callahan, MA, RCC, BCATR
- Facing Fear Workshop: Changeways Clinic
- Behavioural Activation Workshop: Changeways Clinic
- Motivational Dialogue Training: Fraser Health Authority
- Indigenous Cultural Competency Training: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Psychotropic Medications: Vancouver Coastal Health
- New Frontiers in Trauma Treatment Workshop: Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
- Optimizing Treatment for Bipolar Disorders Workshop: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Distress Tolerance & Radical Acceptance Skills in DBT: Vancouver Coastal Health
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training: Crisis Prevention Institute
- Suicide Intervention Training: SAFER
- Core Addictions Training: Fraser Health Authority
- The Fundamentals & More of EAP / EFAP: Claire Sutton Coaching
- Somatic Experiencing training: Trauma Institute currently in progress
- International Disaster Psychosocial (DPS) Conference: Vancouver, BC
- Intersection Between Therapeutic Practice and Family Law: Panelists – Marilyn Beloff PhD RCC; Sandy Hawkins RCC; Alyson Jones RCC
- Affairs in Couples Therapy: The Couples Institute
Currently I am a volunteer clinician for the Disaster Psychosocial Program (DPS), to provide emergency psychosocial services in the event of a disaster. Volunteers include counsellors, psychologists, social workers, as well as representatives from the Red Cross, Salvation Army, Emergency Social Services.
DPS Volunteers are managed by the Provincial Lead, DPS Program and the DPS Council of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
For more information on this program, click here: DPS Program